Choose between two exciting tour options for your second day in Santiago:
Option 1: Maipo Valley Wine Tour:
- Depart from Santiago to the Maipo Valley, the oldest and most traditional wine region of Chile.
- During the half-day tour you will visit one of several well-known vineyards, Concha y Toro, Cousiño Macul or Undurraga and take part in a wine tasting.
- Concha y Toro, Chile’s largest wine producer, has vineyards throughout Chile, but the original vineyards and owner’s quarters in Pirque are a must see.
- Viña Cousiño Macul is probably the closest vineyard to Santiago center, but you would not know it by setting foot in its beautiful park-like grounds.
- Don Francisco Undurraga, an enterprising man in the 19th century, was one of the pioneers of winemaking in Chile and founder of Viña Undurraga. Located in Talagante, 34 kilometers from Santiago, in the heart of the Maipo Valley, this vineyard began producing Cabernet Sauvignon, Sauvignon Blanc, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Riesling, and Gewürztraminer in 1885 and by 1903, the first shipments were being made to the USA.
Note: Visits to wineries are subject to change, always maintaining the highest level of service possible.
Option 2: Valparaíso and Viña del Mar Tour:
- Explore Chile’s coastal cities with an exciting Valparaíso and Viña del Mar Tour. These two charming towns are located a little more than an hour from Santiago.
- With its bohemian atmosphere, chaotic and colorful architecture, and lovely port, Valparaíso is one of the most attractive cities in Chile. You will start your tour at the Mirador 21 de Mayo from where you will enjoy spectacular views of the entire city and bay. Next, you will visit the fascinating house-museum of the poet and winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature, Pablo Neruda.
- Descend to Valparaíso’s Prat Dock, where sailors embark and men scramble to load the enormous ships.
- After lunch, you will head out to Viña del Mar where you will enjoy a relaxing stroll down the quiet streets and picturesque beaches of this lovely coastal town.
- In the afternoon, you will be transferred back to your hotel in Santiago and have the evening free to explore more of the city’s exciting spots.